GOVERNMENT PLAN ( NATIONAL HEALTH INSURANCE SCHEME )
Key features of our NHIS health plan includes :
- Nationwide network of Hospitals
- Integrated Quality Care Delivery
- Integrated Local Evacuation Services(when necessary)
- Effective Quality Control and Improvement System
- Effective customer relationship management
- Information Technology Based Managed Information System
Nonsuch is an organization committed to excellence and collaborates with organized private and public sector in realizing their goals through the provision of cost-effective quality care to their staff.
Contribution in the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) is earnings related. The employee pays 5% of his basic salary while the employer pays 10% of the equivalent of the basic salary of the employees; this represents 15% of the basic salary of the employee. The employer may decide to pay the whole 15%.
All the hospitals and healthcare formations that have been duly accredited by NHIS in NIGERIA (both private and public) will be allowed to participate in the scheme.
SCOPE OF COVERAGE
The contribution paid cover health care benefits for the employee, a spouse and four (4) biological children below the age of 18 years. More dependants or a child above 18 years would be covered on the payment of additional contribution from the principal beneficiary. However children above 18 years who are in tertiary institutions will be covered under the tertiary institution scheme.
Health care providers under the scheme shall provide the following benefit package to staff of Customary Court of Appeal.
- Outpatient care including necessary consumables
- Prescribed drugs, pharmaceutical care and diagnostic tests as contained in the National Essential Drugs List and Diagnostic Test List.
- Maternity care up to four (4) live births for every insured contributor/couple in the state civil service.
- Preventive care including immunization, as it applies in the National program on Immunization, health education, family planning and ante-natal and post-natal care.
- Consultation with specialists, such as physicians, pediatricians, obstetricians, gynecologists, general surgeons, orthopedic surgeons, ENT surgeons, dental surgeons, radiologists, psychiatrists, ophthalmologists, physiotherapists etc.
- Hospital care in a standard ward for a stay limited to cumulative of 15 days per year. Thereafter the civil servant pays. However the primary provider shall pay per diem for bed space for a total of 15 days cumulative per year reason for change of healthcare provider. During this period the beneficiary is not allowed to visit another health care provider except in emergencies or he is out of his station. When necessary the chosen health care provider will refer the member for secondary or appropriate specialist care. This fosters the habit of maintaining family physician and the development of an invaluable continuous medical history.
- In cases of emergency, members can attend any hospital within the network located around the place of occurrence. However where an accredited HCP is not within reach, any available hospital or clinic can be used. It required that such facility inform us within 24 hours.
TERTIARY INSTITUTION SOCIAL HEALTH INSURANCE (TISHIP)
The TISHIP is a social security system whereby the health care of a student in the Tertiary Institution is being paid for from funds created by pooling of contributions of the students.
The program is committed to ensuring access to qualitative healthcare for students in the tertiary institutions thereby promoting the health of students and creating conducive learning environment.
ADVANTAGES OF NONSUCH HMO TISHIP SCHEME TO THE COLLEGE
- Accurate budgeting, as the medical expenses can be determined yearly.
- Access to health care services for the students even when on holidays.
- Generation of income for the school clinic by payment of capitation for enrollees registered with the clinic.
- More income is generated as the college clinic upgrade its facility to secondary provider services
ADVANTAGES OF NONSUCH HMO TISHIP SCHEME TO THE STUDENTS
- Easy and unhindered, stress free access to qualitative medical care from a comprehensive list of accredited and dependable list health care providers nationwide.
- Prevention of school absenteeism due to illness.
- Accident and Emergency irrespective of location.
- Access to medical care even when on holidays.
- Periodic Health education/seminars as a preventive and health care need awareness tool.
- Provision of health screening facilities, to identify medical condition at early stages and prompt treatment
SCOPE OF COVERAGE
Membership is for full/part time students, and the contribution paid covers healthcare benefits for the students only.
CHOICE OF HOSPITAL
The hospital to be used will be the Institution’s Medical Centre, which will provide both primary and secondary healthcare services within its capacity to the students.
However, if a student requires services not rendered by the medical centre they will be referred to selected secondary care centers on the NHIS network.
The student has to complete a personal data form at the beginning of the academic year and pay the required premium at the beginning of the academic year. Thereafter the student will be registered at the health centre or the agreed healthcare provider if the student resides outside the campus.
Upon registration, the student will be entitled to receive medical care as required, subject to the benefit package purchased.
Copyright © 2016 Nonsuch Medicare Limited RC684109. All right reserved.